The feelings associated with divorce often mirror those associated with the death of a spouse because life as she knew it is ending.
Among others, these feelings may include anger, regret, relief, inadequacy, self-doubt, sadness and fear. It always creates stress.
Resonate understands the parallels in the journey walked by women who are divorced and those who are widowed.
Many of the financial questions are the same:
- “What will I be able to afford?”
- “Will my money last as long as I do?”
- “Can I stay where I am living?”
- “Do I have enough money to continue to travel and see my children and grandchildren?”
- “We always said that we would take care of one another; what happens now?”