In my previous blog, I shared which campaign promises are expected to be broken. This blog covers the ones expected to be met.
(Source: The Kiplinger Letter November 11, 2016.)
- Domestic oil, gas, and coal production will be more in favor. Drilling in new regions as well as offshore will be favored.
- He will push hard for more spending on infrastructure.
- Trump will try to overhaul financial regulations in order to boost bank lending. (Dodd-Frank is at risk.)
- The Trump isolationist stance will force European nations to spend more on their own defense and security needs.
- Trump is likely to rip up the Iran nuclear deal and issue new sanctions.
Barbara A. Culver
CFP®, ChFC®, CLU, AEP®